Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

184,755 users have contributed to 42,369 threads and 255,368 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 63 new user(s).

• Synchron Percussion Maps?

Hi Folks,

Wondering if Team VSL has any plans to release proper Dorico percussion & expression maps for the Synchron Percussion I-III ?
    I'm looking for a Dorico percussion solution and would happily buy the bundle if there was Dorico support planned for the near future..

Any hints?

Cheers!

• Hello eve_28461!

We plan to release Dorico percussion and expression maps for Synchron Percussion and SYNCHRON-ized Percussion in (or even before) summer.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • @andi said:

Hello eve_28461!

We plan to release Dorico percussion and expression maps for Synchron Percussion and SYNCHRON-ized Percussion in (or even before) summer.

Best regards,
    Andi

Brilliant! So very excited for this! 😊

• @andi said:

Hello eve_28461!

Best regards,
    Andi

I imagine there will be HUGE uptake!! - I'm definitely waiting on this!

• @Callum-Huseyin said:

Though it would be even better if you could collaborate with the noteperformer team on mapping all the synchrons and synchronized.

• last edited
    last edited
    @Callum-Huseyin said:
    Though it would be even better if you could collaborate with the noteperformer team on mapping all the synchrons and synchronized.

VSL only working with NotePerformer is far from the best solution. NotePerformer at the moment can only use third party samples in cases where its internal sound library has a matching instrument or technique. So you would lose out on a lot of percussion instruments that NP does not natively support as there would be no way of using them, and probably some techniques as well. The only way to really get access to the full techniques and instrument list of the VSL percussion is to use it directly.

• @mducharme said:
    @Callum-Huseyin said:

VSL only working with NotePerformer is far from the best solution. NotePerformer at the moment can only use third party samples in cases where its internal sound library has a matching instrument or technique. So you would lose out on a lot of percussion instruments that NP does not natively support as there would be no way of using them, and probably some techniques as well. The only way to really get access to the full techniques and instrument list of the VSL percussion is to use it directly.

Thanks, I am aware of that. Of course many of the synchron percussion instruments haven't been mapped for Dorico by VSL either.