Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

184,757 users have contributed to 42,369 threads and 255,369 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 8 new post(s) and 63 new user(s).

• Phasing Issue in Elite and Strings Pro

Hello all,

Today I experienced a "phasing issue" in both elite strings and synchron strings pro. It's almost like there's some kind of filter that prevents a realistic strings sound to the point they are unusuable for cues. I've tried 3 different daws and 2 different audio interfaces to regain a realistic string sound which was most noticeable on the trills, tremolos, and especially performance legato, agile legato, and portamento.

I've tried different mic presets,

the standalone version,

reinstalled elite strings,

different audio interfaces,

vienna assistant updates,

and still the same result.

Any ideas?

I have a mac pro 19 with monterey 12.7.4

192 gigs of memory and 16 cores.

Thank you,

Bill McFadden

• Hello Bill!

Many keyboards have USB and MIDI-ports. Maybe you have both ports coming from your keyboard active and all MIDI data gets sent and received twice.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • @andi said:

Hello Bill!

Many keyboards have USB and MIDI-ports. Maybe you have both ports coming from your keyboard active and all MIDI data gets sent and received twice.

Best regards,
    Andi

@andi said:

Hello Bill!

Best regards,
    Andi

• Hi Andi,

I thought about extra midi being sent so I limited midi input to my keyboard controller only, but that didn't solve it. Fortunately, the problem went away this morning and once again I heard the beatiful strings with all articulations in tact.

I think the keyboard was possibly malfunctioning. It's an MP11SE. Never had a problem with it before. Possibly after being turned off overnight the midi problem went away.

Anyway, everything is working this morning. Next time, if it happens again, I'll power down and power up the keyboard.

Thanks for responding and clarifying.

Be blessed and best,

Bill