Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

184,796 users have contributed to 42,370 threads and 255,386 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 18 new post(s) and 55 new user(s).

• Duality Virtuoso missing augmented F chord for violins, B/Bb for cellos/violas

Hi,

Duality virtuoso strings is missing the augmented F chord in the violins and the augmented B/Bb in the violas/cellos. Is this a mistake or by design? Is the augmented F/B/Bb too challenging or even impossible to perform on each respective instrument?

Kind regards
    Niklas

• Hello Niklas!

The augmented chords you are missing would have been very hard to play indeed. Please note that for completeness we have already included hard to play chords, that normally wouldn't get asked for, for the major/minor chords.

Augmented chords are interchangeable. Root note C=E=G#; C#=F=A; D=F#=A#; D#=G=B.
    So you should have all the chords available that you might need.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • @andi said:

Hello Niklas!

The augmented chords you are missing would have been very hard to play indeed. Please note that for completeness we have already included hard to play chords, that normally wouldn't get asked for, for the major/minor chords.

Augmented chords are interchangeable. Root note C=E=G#; C#=F=A; D=F#=A#; D#=G=B.
    So you should have all the chords available that you might need.

Best regards,
    Andi

Many thanks for the clarification Andi. I suspected as much. Noticed this when I reached for the F augmented chord in root position. No worries though, plenty of other options available in this amazing library. 😊

• It is a great library! I am also missing the ability in 12/8 (or 4/4 with triplets) to use these types of arpeggios across three strings instead of four because then they are the same rhythm as everything else. It can also often be easier for performers because there are more choices when only three strings are involved.