Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

184,757 users have contributed to 42,369 threads and 255,369 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 8 new post(s) and 63 new user(s).

• AU3 plugin in 7.1 & new LogicPro 11 : not working anymore

Hi,

I'm using Vienna Ensemble pro server V 7.3.3610 & Logic pro
    My VEP template is in 7.1 using AU3 Plugin in 7.1
    Everything was working fine, except your routing bug easily corrected with a matrix mixer on each channel :
    With the release of Logic Pro 11, vienna ensemble pro AU3 in 7.1 doesn't work anymore.
    This is the Logic Pro 11 error :

Using Logic Pro 10.8.1 doesn't exhibit this issue and everything is still working as usual...
    Any update planned?
    Thanks for your help

• After more testing, Vienna ensemble pro AU3 & Logic 11 (native) on Mac Studio M1 ultra & Sonoma 14.5 :

Vienna ensemble pro AU3 does only work in surround for : 5.1, 5.1.2 & 7.1 SDDS

But in 7.1, 7.1.2, 5.1.4 & 7.1.4 you will get only the stereo or multiple-outputs, no more surround output...

Projects from Logic 10.8.1 saved with Vienna ensemble pro AU3 7.1 surround output give the screenshot error from my last post....

Everything is still working fine with Logic 10.8.1

• last edited
    last edited

For the record and since no one posted anything, this is the answer from the official VSL support :

"I must confirm that Logic Pro 11 broke quite a few things regarding the surround formats of our plug-ins.
    Our developers are currently looking into this, to see whether something can be done from our side at all...
    Thanks for your patience and my apologies for the inconvenience!

Best regards from Vienna,
    Marnix Veenenbos"

...in the meantime, I'm stuck to Logic 10.8.1