Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

184,755 users have contributed to 42,369 threads and 255,368 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 8 new post(s) and 66 new user(s).

• How to create articulation map for Cubase 13 Pro

Hi.

I've started using Synchron Strings Pro, my DAW is Cubase 13 Pro. Inserting the various KS is impractical for me, and I know that there is the possibility of creating an articulations map.

I also looked for tutorials on Youtube, but I can't really understand how to do it, also because the few videos I found are in German without subtitles (I'm Italian).

From what I understand, you need to create templates.

Can anyone tell me Please explain how to do it?

Thank you very much.

• P.S. While working with the KS I realized that for many articulations the keys do not correspond.

For example, if C2 is indicated in Synchron Player, in the Cubase roll editor I have to put it as C1.

And this situation occurs for many instruments.

• andiA andi moved this topic from Synchron Series on
  • Hello Corrado!

We offer Cubase Expression Maps for most of our libraries. You can download them with Vienna Assistant under Additionals/Cubase Expression Maps.

The default octave numbering for Cubase is different than ours. Cubase C3 = VSL C4.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • @andi said:

Hello Corrado!

We offer Cubase Expression Maps for most of our libraries. You can download them with Vienna Assistant under Additionals/Cubase Expression Maps.

The default octave numbering for Cubase is different than ours. Cubase C3 = VSL C4.

Best regards,
    Andi

Many thanks!

• @andi said:

Hello Corrado!

Best regards,
    Andi

I downloaded the maps. In Cubase I loaded the map for violins and violas into the violin track, following the instructions in the PDF. I clicked on the key assignment, but it doesn't work. I tried moving the ks an octave lower, but nothing. Maybe I should remap the key assignments? Or what? In the roll editor there is a lane called "articulations-dynamics" but I haven't figured out how to use it. I had seen in some videos that in the roll editor there was the possibility of selecting notes and assigning them an articulation, without using the ks. Is it possible to do this with vsl? Thank you very much.

• I noticed that in the expression map there are only long notes keys, not for shorts, legatos, dynamics, etc.

I can't figure out what I have to do......

• Hello Corrado!

Please don't shift octaves in the expression maps. They are correct the way they are. Our expression maps contain articulation switches for shorts, legatos and dynamics as well.
    The Cubase manual might help you with the first steps on how to use expression maps.
    https://steinberg.help/cubase_pro/v13/en/cubase_nuendo/topics/expression_maps/expression_maps_c.html

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • T

There's something wrong?

• Okay. I realized that I had to load the map not only in the inspector but also in the track editor. Now in the articulations-dynamics lane the articulations also appear to me. But now I have another thing to understand. I select the notes that I want to sound with the same articulation, and then I draw a line in the lane corresponding to that articulation. But if I realize that that articulation isn't right and I want to change it, if I delete the articulation the note is also deleted. I have to figure out how to do it. A thousand thanks.

• Hi Corrado!

Attribute articulations are tied with the note. To remove these articulations, use the pen tool.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library