Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,911 users have contributed to 42,263 threads and 254,948 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 49 new user(s).

• [SOLVED] Vienna Instruments cannot be validated/opened in Logic Pro X or Mainstage

last edited
    last edited

Deets:

MBP M1 Max
    macOS 14.4.1 (23E224)
    Logic Pro X 10.8.1
    Mainstage 3.6.6

Troubleshooting: I have updated and reinstalled VI Pro, VE7 and VI percussion pack, rebooted my device, rescanned VI and VIP in plug-in manager.

When I attempt to open the loaded the instrument in a project that previously worked or a new project Logic/MS cannot open VIP. It just hangs. The plug-in manager indicates that it "can't be opened" when validating.

It worked back in December. I can't remember what version macOS I was on, but I do keep it current. I had tried it before updating the VSL apps. Any help is appreciated!

• Do you use eLicenser or Ilok ?

I have read a few day ago that eLicenser will not be supported anymore very soon.

Check that your libs are authorised in Ilok,

If you have still troubles you may have to re-install your lib in Vienna Assistant

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • Super helpful! I had forgotten I had turned of the iLok service when I was troubleshooting another issue. Thanks!