Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,852 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,937 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• VEPro often crashing on exit

These days, half of the time when I try to exit after a session, it starts to unload the instances and then just freezes half way through and I have to stop the programme via the task manager. This is in Windows 10 and seems to happen after it also takes ages to save the associated Logic session on the Mac master. (I always do that with everything connected and then exit VEPro after closing down Logic.)

Has anyone else come across this and does anyone know how to fix it? I don’t want to end up corrupting the project or even the installed programme, if that’s possible or likely as a result of repeated crashes.

• I have been having the same problem for several weeks now. I am sending crash reports, so I'm sure they are aware of it. I suspect that one culprit might be exiting the program too soon after saving is finished. I've noticed that if I wait a little longer crashes are less frequent.

Hobbyist ... Sy Woods, Brass, Perc I, Str Pro, Elite Str, Duality Str & Sordino, Prime ... Sy-ized Woods, Perc, Solo Str, Ch Str, App Str, Harps, Choir, Dim Brass, Dim Strings ... VE Pro, MIR Pro 3D, Vienna Suite Pro ... Cubase 12, Studio One 6, Dorico 5
  • Yes I think I definitely tried to exit too soon after saving yesterday. Glad to hear they are aware of the problem and that I'm not the only one experiencing this. I will try to send crash reports as well, just to build on that awareness.

• I would like to say that I really don't like the time restriction on editing posts. I often have afterthoughts that I want to include, or alterations to the original content of my posts that I feel clarifies things and appreciate the ability to edit on other forums (fora?)

So here's my would-be edit: I have also posted about this issue on VI-Control!