Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,910 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,946 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Legacy Vienna Instrument Presets showing up in Vienna Instruments Pro but doesn't play back

So like the subject said... I'm having issues getting legacy presets to play in Vienna Instrument Pro

I've recently migrated to a new rig (M2 Sonoma) running Cubase 13 and since Cubase 13 doesn't support the old VST Vienna Instrument and Vienna Ensemble, I made the switch to using Vienna Instrument Pro.
    I was able to get some of my legacy presets and matrices (not all, just the custom ones) to show up in Vienna Instrument Pro (was testing in standalone); however, they do not playback at all. I was still able to run the legacy Vienna Instrument standalone on this new rig and those presets/matrices do work and play as expected.

I guess my question can be split into two parts:

1. How can I get all legacy presets and matrices to show up in Vienna Instrument Pro (the missing legacy presets in question are the VI Special Edition that has the likes of SE01 Solo Strings, SE02 Preset Chamber Strings etc.)?
    I do see them in the Directory Manager and have also tried to remove and re-add them several times, but they still won't show up in Vienna Instrument Pro.

2. How can I get the presets/matrices that do show up in Vienna Instrument Pro to actually play? The main keyswitch section is colored red as opposed to the usual blue (see attachment). The preset and matrices will load up but as you can see in the screenshot, the keyboard is greyed out and not active (can confirm MIDI keyboard is connected and working properly in legacy Vienna Instrument)

My best guess is that these legacy presets/matrices are probably incompatible with the latest Vienna Instrument Pro software (since they were not downloaded from Vienna Assistant but directly from the website). Nonetheless, I was hoping that maybe someone might have better ideas about what's causing this before I just give up on trying to use my old presets altogether. Any input is appreciated, thanks all in advance!

• The red patches means that VI can't find the sample content. Use Vienna Assistant (or Directory Manager if you're still using eLisencer) to locate

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190
  • @Bill said:

The red patches means that VI can't find the sample content. Use Vienna Assistant (or Directory Manager if you're still using eLisencer) to locate

Hi Bill!

Like I mentioned in my original post, I am able to locate them in the Directory Manager as these sample content are eLisencer based. I've attached a screenshot of my Directory Manager here. Nothing is in red so I think the sample content are being properly detected? Still won't play in Vienna Instruments Pro standalone though. Also forgot to mention, a VSL Helper window will pop out when I do try to select these legacy presets in the preset list on Vienna Instruments Pro standalone (also see screenshot attachment)

• VI Pro on an M series Mac is iLok only. You can't load elicenser content into an iLok player. So you need to download iLok versions of your samples and use the iLok versions of the presets. And you'll need to convert any existing projects to iLok using the Helper app.