Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,874 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,944 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 34 new user(s).

• [Solved] Problem WIth SO 6.6 and VE Pro

last edited
    last edited

This is a copy of a post I made on the Studio One forum about a problem I am having with SO and VE Pro.

I updated to SO 6.6 from 6.5. I almost exclusively use instrument tracks with VSL virtual instruments in their Synchron Player either instantiated directly or hosted through a connection to VE Pro. Either way has always worked before.

But suddenly with 6.6 my VE Pro hosted instruments are generating the instrument sounds with stuttering audio. Instruments connected directly to the Synchron player do not do this, they work fine as they always have.

This is not limited to one instrument or one articulation of an instrument, it is all instruments, and all articulations.

"This morning I uninstalled and reinstalled SO 6.6, but the stuttering remains..

Something between SO 6.6 and VE Pro is not working as before. Is anyone else experiencing this?

There are no third party plugins or connections of any kind to complicate things, and this has always worked before, so I have trouble considering that the problem is local to my machine. And yet I haven't run across any such complain from other users.

At this point for the first time ever since getting Studio One a few years ago the program is useless to me until this problem is solved.

I am also posting this problem on the VSL forum and the VI Control forum."

Hobbyist ... Sy Woods, Brass, Perc I, Str Pro, Elite Str, Duality Str & Sordino, Prime ... Sy-ized Woods, Perc, Solo Str, Ch Str, App Str, Harps, Choir, Dim Brass, Dim Strings ... VE Pro, MIR Pro 3D, Vienna Suite Pro ... Cubase 12, Studio One 6, Dorico 5
  • Thanks to those users in the VI Control and Studio One forums who suggested the culprit for the stuttering might be the ASIO driver, which I had considered unlikely because things worked fine directly in the Synchron Player.

In Studio One I switched from the Yamaha Steinberg driver, which I have been successfully using for years, to the one termed "Windows Audio." Voila, problem solved.

Hobbyist ... Sy Woods, Brass, Perc I, Str Pro, Elite Str, Duality Str & Sordino, Prime ... Sy-ized Woods, Perc, Solo Str, Ch Str, App Str, Harps, Choir, Dim Brass, Dim Strings ... VE Pro, MIR Pro 3D, Vienna Suite Pro ... Cubase 12, Studio One 6, Dorico 5
  • After two weeks of consistent trouble with stuttering, the problem has simply disappeared, at least for now. Same Yamaha Steinberg driver, but audio working properly. Could be just switching drivers back and forth along with a couple of system restarts have shaken some cobwebs somewhere in there.

This topic is moot for now.