Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,924 users have contributed to 42,264 threads and 254,950 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 54 new user(s).

• Expression Maps for Ganymede and Ymir?

last edited
    last edited

Hello,

Is there any possibility of getting Dorico expression maps for BBO Ganymede and Ymir?

It seems a little odd to have expression maps for the boys choir and basso profundo but not Ganymede or Ymir.

I know that generally, expression maps for BBO aren't so useful in Dorico because most of them are preorchestrated phrases or riffs, but those libraries are a bit of an exception.

• Hello mducharme!

I'm sorry to say that currently there are no plans to make Dorico expression maps for these libraries. To be honest, you are the first one to ask for such maps.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Babylonwaves has Cubase EMs for all the BBO libraries, which you can import into DORICO

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190
  • @Bill said:

Babylonwaves has Cubase EMs for all the BBO libraries, which you can import into DORICO

Importing Cubase expression maps does not always give the best result. I normally make my own Dorico expression maps from scratch, but I prefer to use the VSL ones (at least as a starting point) where available.

I was asking because it should be easier with these libraries since there aren't so many articulations, and it would make sense to have expression maps since they are not much different than the "Synchron" branded libraries of Boys Choir and Basso Profundo in terms of content.