Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,934 users have contributed to 42,264 threads and 254,951 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• Question to the NotePerformer playback engines for Synchron instruments

I have the Special Edition 1 and I’m thinking about buying the Synchron-ized version of it. I also have some Syncron instruments.

If I want to work with NotePerformer Playback engines (with Dorico), do I have to buy both engines: the Synchron engine and the engine for the Special Edition 1? Or can I also use the Special Edition with the Synchron engine?

I have also the Epic Orchestra 2.0 (synchron-ized). Does the Epic Orchestra work with one of the three engines?

• last edited
    last edited

Your question confuses me a little, because there is no playback engine for Synchron and VI libraries, only the corresponding samplers, which you will surely have downloaded, because otherwise you would not be able to use the libraries. In principle, the NotePerformer engine works like a sampler. If you want to use VSL libraries, you can simply load the corresponding sampler as a plug-in and the libraries in it. Of course, you then have to create your own expression maps, or you can use the VSL playback presets that you can download with Vienna Assist. If you use them, the VSL samplers will load automatically when you create a new project.

• @LGeist110 said:

Your question confuses me a little, because there is no playback engine for synchronous and VI libraries, only the corresponding samplers, which you will surely have downloaded, because otherwise you would not be able to use the libraries. In principle, the NotePerformer engine works like a sampler. If you want to use VSL libraries, you can simply load the corresponding sampler as a plug-in and the libraries in it. Of course, you then have to create your own expression maps, or you can use the VSL playback presets that you can download with Vienna Assist. If you use them, the VSL samplers will load automatically when you create a new project.

Addendum: Playback presets are available for the "Synchron-IZED" Special Editions and Synchron Prime Edition.

• From the Noteperformer website:

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190
  • Separate Engine for each of these three. You can use them in demo mode to try out for free.

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190
  • @LGeist110 said:

Your question confuses me a little, because there is no playback engine for Synchron and VI libraries, only the corresponding samplers, which you will surely have downloaded, because otherwise you would not be able to use the libraries. In principle, the NotePerformer engine works like a sampler. If you want to use VSL libraries, you can simply load the corresponding sampler as a plug-in and the libraries in it. Of course, you then have to create your own expression maps, or you can use the VSL playback presets that you can download with Vienna Assist. If you use them, the VSL samplers will load automatically when you create a new project.

Thank you for your answer! Wallander Instruments calls the software 'NotePerformer Playback Engines'. For simplicity I used the same name.

• Thank you for all comments. Trying out the demo versions answered all my questions.