Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,921 users have contributed to 42,264 threads and 254,950 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

• Haydn Symphony 88-Adagio and Finale

Hi,

below is an MP3 of the final movement of the Haydn Symphony No 88. It's a happy number using Duality Strings and Synchron Woodwinds, Synchron Brass and Synchron Percussion. I'm still getting to grips with this and sadly not able to get MIR Pro 3D working in way which I am comfortable with. This was created in Nuendo using the Duality Standard library and audio tracks exported into LUNA for mixing. I left all of the mic positions as they were in the Synchron player as I thought they sounded great for my ears. I chose the close mic preset (and disabled the reverb) as I like the energy in these mic placements. I'd be keen to hear any feedback if anyone has the time to listen.

Haydn Symphony No 88 - Final Movement

Regards,

Tom

• last edited
    last edited

Movement II - Largo - using Synchron'ized Solo Cello, Duality/Elite Strings and Synchron Woodwinds, Brass and percussion.

Haydn-S88-Movement-II-take-2.mp3

• Movement I of Haydn Symphony 88 is also uploaded if anybody has time to spare to take a listen. I've put all of the recent projects on one page below to make it easier to manage (for me). I'm hoping to start movement III to complete the symphony. These are all using Synchron Duality Strings standard and synchron woodwinds/brass/percussion. They are stereo mixed with reverb added as a separate process as it's all my head can cope with for now. Some day soon I will get MIR PRO 3D working but for now I am trying to concentrate on getting the midi as good as I'm able.

https://tommcelvogue.com/testing/

Regards,

Tom

• last edited
    last edited

Hi,

All four movements of Symphony No 88 are now complete and uploaded to my testing website below. Hopefully they are now in a reasonable state to begin looking at Mir Pro 3D! These versions are all mixed in stereo rather than trying to do anything clever with atmos. I had started out on that route but decided I don't know enough about it just yet. I also wanted to get the midi programming complete (or as complete as I can without too many insults to Joseph Haydn's wonderful music) before too much distraction and I hope I have done a satisfactory job as it stands.

The reference for the tempo for the symphony is taken from the Leonard Bernstein/Vienna Philharmonic version (

. I have made a number of adjustments to the articulations on movements 1 and 2 after my first attempts as they didn't sound correct initially. I also tried to correct some of the "kinks" in the tempo map I created from the video. I'm very new to Nuendo so it has taken a lot longer than I would have hoped but happy to get to this point so far.

Regards,

Tom

• Hi,

I managed to complete the Mir Pro 3D version which as the notes on the page suggest, this is probably not the best way to go about this with MIR Pro 3D. I did try using only the Synchron Player presets with the built in reverb etc however I decided that it would be best to park this project as is and re-attempt something new using the Synchron-ized libraries and Mir Pro instead. I have to admit that having not used the VSL products for quite some time this was a refreshing project and I am more than happy with the resulting mixes produced. I do prefer the Mir Pro 3D mixed versions despite it not being the appropriate use of the libraries. I'd be keen to hear any feedback if anyone has time to listen. I've made MP3 versions available for download and if anyone has an interest in the Nuendo projects let me know as I'm happy to share these if they are of any use or interest to anyone.

kind regards,

Tom

• ...and for those preferring to see/hear the whole symphony the youtube link below may be of interest. Note however that the video showing the original performance from which this was created highlights a number of my errors in the tempo synching. I'm still new to Nuendo and I found the tempo sync process very difficult. I also created the 4th movement from the encore of the performance in the video so there is quite a difference in terms of the tracking along with this movement. For the purposes of the video I have used the same audio for both renditions of the 4th movement.