Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,925 users have contributed to 42,264 threads and 254,950 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

• Lines Vs Curves When Using Vel.XF

Hi All,

Out of curiosity, what do you prefer when programming Vel.XF CC data?

Or to add more rationale to the question; in real life, would a violin for example tend to have a more linear increase / decrease in volume?

Any tips or where to find a few Cubase example projects that demonstrate really tasteful programming? Or does Guy Bacos have any tutorial sessions we can download?

For clarity, I’m getting great results from Synchron and Duality Strings, and it’s fueled a passion to learn and discover more on how I can get the most out of them

So chime in and give us your tips!

My best, L

• @Nessein said:

Hi All,

Out of curiosity, what do you prefer when programming Vel.XF CC data?

Or to add more rationale to the question; in real life, would a violin for example tend to have a more linear increase / decrease in volume?

Any tips or where to find a few Cubase example projects that demonstrate really tasteful programming? Or does Guy Bacos have any tutorial sessions we can download?

For clarity, I’m getting great results from Synchron and Duality Strings, and it’s fueled a passion to learn and discover more on how I can get the most out of them

So chime in and give us your tips!

My best, L

Hello Lee

From a physical point of view, everything that revolves around volume is a logarithmic matter in terms of our hearing - in other words, anything but linear. But the thing with midi volume curves and samples is somehow organised and programmed in such a way that you can definitely use linear curves. Personally, I always listen and programme the curve as it sounds most realistic to me. With Cubase (I think you also use Cubase) you can bend the curves wonderfully since I think Cubase 10, so it's no problem to bend a linear curve at any time.
    I don't know if you've already seen this video - it's also about curves. If you actually use Cubase, I can send you a project of the 6 demos.

The video shows the whole process of creating music with samples, maybe you can get some more information...

Beat

At the beginning of the video there is talk of 5 demos, in fact there are 6 different demos. I should have uploaded an improved version a long time ago... Sorry.

- Tips & Tricks while using Samples of VSL.. see at: https://www.beat-kaufmann.com/vitutorials/ - Tutorial "Mixing an Orchestra": https://www.beat-kaufmann.com/mixing-an-orchestra/