Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,898 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,945 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 9 new post(s) and 46 new user(s).

• Legacy sessions using elicensor

Hi there gang! Is there anyway to retrieve legacy VSL setups in protools once you have shifted to the new iLok license? my eLicensor is now empty of licenses, so even though my old laptop still runs all my sessions as they were they wont open VSL. I need to open and remix a couple of sessions for clients, but cant at the moment. Its a commercial issue, and am pretty disappointed that there is no solution. I have messaged Vienna but I just get replies to download new software.....

My VSL works perfectly on my new laptop with Apple silicon, and with the iLok licences. Just need to get access to the older versions

• The old sessions are supposed to auto convert from the eLicenser to the iLok when you open an old session that used the eLicenser version.

One thing I noticed, however - the conversion tool that does that auto conversion I discovered could be broken if you installed VSL products in a certain order, specifically between the Vienna Instruments player and the Synchron Player. If I installed them in the wrong order, the one installer would downgrade a shared library used by the other installer as part of the conversion procedure and break the auto conversion. However I don't remember know what sequence of installing Synchron Player vs VI Player fixed it for me. But I could easily reproduce the issue and found the file that was getting downgraded.

• Can i manually run the conversion?