Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,435 users have contributed to 42,299 threads and 255,074 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 13 new post(s) and 56 new user(s).

• Best Infrastructure for VEP Pro 7

Hello Everyone,

I am in the market to replace my two aging laptops that host VEP Pro 7 (Both older i7's with only 16GB of RAM, and daisy chained SSD Drives). My Main DAW pc is fine for hosting my other libraries (Spitfire and Kontact stuff) but I dare not load it up too much more.

I am thinking about grabbing a HP Proliant Gen 8 -10, Xeon proc, min. 64GB RAM, 2 - 4GB SSD HDD's server or a used gaming pc AMD 7, min 64GB Ram, decent video card (nothing too ridiculous), and once again 2 - 4GB SSD HDD's. I am trying to stay in to six to seven hundred price range. All my VSL Libraries are already on external SSD Drives. I cannot decide what makes more sense?

My two older laptops are slowly degrading, I cannot stop purchasing VSL Libraries (Lol), the two never worked very well, so it is time for them to go.

I am asking for thoughts and or opinions from more experience users.

Thank you in advance.

Paul

• Xeon servers tend to have loud fans and power supply. Will you be able to have it in a different room?

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190