Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,938 users have contributed to 42,331 threads and 255,209 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 39 new user(s).

• Audio Gitching and Hanging When Using Automations

Hello! I'm using Cubase 13 and VEP 7 Server - running on the same computer. Everything is ok setting up and playing instruments until-

If I am working on a track and sending automations to VEP through cubase the audio starts glitching out. It takes a few automations on a couple of instruments before the problem starts.

I have 3 solo string instruments and am automating expression and vibrato intensity on each one. I can do one instrument fine. Two is ok but when I add the third after about a minute into the song the playback becomes very glitchy and drops a lot. It's like some buffer if getting overrun with data or something.

Removing the automations and all is back to working fine. I can't find where anything is obviously wrong. I tried increasing the buffers, upping the cpus per instance, etc - every possible configuration of those things. I also reinstalled everything fresh and that didn't do it either.

I can recreate this faster if I use the vst2 version on the plunging - only takes 1 instrument to trip it up that way. Any help is much appreciated. This is preventing me from using VEP at the moment but I assume if this is a pervasive issue no one would be able to so there must be a fix or config issue I assume.

Thank you!

Kevin

• last edited
    last edited

I Should Add - these are kontakt instruments and I'm using kontakt 7

@KevinHoppe said:

Hello! I'm using Cubase 13 and VEP 7 Server - running on the same computer. Everything is ok setting up and playing instruments until-

If I am working on a track and sending automations to VEP through cubase the audio starts glitching out. It takes a few automations on a couple of instruments before the problem starts.

I have 3 solo string instruments and am automating expression and vibrato intensity on each one. I can do one instrument fine. Two is ok but when I add the third after about a minute into the song the playback becomes very glitchy and drops a lot. It's like some buffer if getting overrun with data or something.

Removing the automations and all is back to working fine. I can't find where anything is obviously wrong. I tried increasing the buffers, upping the cpus per instance, etc - every possible configuration of those things. I also reinstalled everything fresh and that didn't do it either.

I can recreate this faster if I use the vst2 version on the plunging - only takes 1 instrument to trip it up that way. Any help is much appreciated. This is preventing me from using VEP at the moment but I assume if this is a pervasive issue no one would be able to so there must be a fix or config issue I assume.

Thank you!

Kevin