Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,897 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,944 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 9 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• Stay safe with e-licencer until ilok works fine ?

Hello,

Sorry if I don't consider some FAQ informations clear enough for me. My scenario is simple.

Imagine I downloaded my Ilok protected sound vsl libraries on a disk B, I activate it but something goes wrong (I can't exclude this possibility)

On a other disk A I have alway my old e-Licenser libraries.
    Can I, by example, connnect my e-Licencer keys, launch Cubase and work with e-Licencer library as before ? (until Ilok works fine).

Thanks for your answer,
    Joël

• last edited
    last edited

I moved to iLok a long time ago, and I go into my eLicenser control center, I see all my old VSL licenses as before.

If I wanted to actually use those old eLicenser licenses, I would have to uninstall the iLok version of the software from the system and reinstall the eLicenser version, as you can't have VSL iLok software and VSL eLicenser software installed on the same system at the same time.

In your case, to start using the iLok version, after converting the licenses, you have to reinstall the software as the iLok version, so if that doesn't work (and I don't see why it wouldn't), you then have to uninstall all that again and reinstall the eLicenser versions.

I had no problems with the move to iLok and moved some time ago now. I would say to rip off the proverbial band-aid and do it, unless you have pressing deadlines coming up immediately that you need things working for.

• Thank you to take time to write a response.