Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,914 users have contributed to 42,263 threads and 254,948 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• Hide Products from Vienna Assistant?

last edited
    last edited

Hello,

Is there any way to hide certain products from Vienna Assistant that are not installed?

I don't really use Vienna Instruments anymore, so I don't currently have it on my system, and the few VI libraries that I own continually show up in the "Not Installed" section. The same is true of Epic Orchestra 1.0, which was replaced by Epic Orchestra 2.0 but still shows that bright green "10" to appear next to the Not Installed header.

If there is no capability to do this, could I request it? It would be great to have this ability, even through editing some kind of text file or registry, that way it is easier to see if there are things that I actually might want that can be installed. Or an "ignore" button to ignore the fact that it is not installed, so it is relegated to the "All" list.

It mostly bugs my OCD to see the number 10 next to "Not Installed", when the VI products are things I don't want installed. 😂

It is actually the reason I'm not buying more products - I want to eventually get Synchron FX Strings, and the Big Bang Orchestra FX Strings is on sale now for a great price, but if I buy the BBO FX Strings and upgrade to Synchron FX Strings, I'm forever going to have BBO FX Strings in my product list. Similar situation for VI series libraries where I want to get the Synchron-ized version but I'm not pulling the trigger on the VI version because I'll end up with more products that show "Not Installed".

Thanks!

• I would go further and ask is there anyway to remove [permanently] products from the iLok listing?

Just a beginner