Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,437 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,075 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 57 new user(s).

• VEP Greyed Out, Cubase Locked Up

I had been running pretty smootly for quite sometime. But the dreaded lockups are re-emerging. I am running the latest version of VEP (7.3.310) on MAC pro (Intel) and two Windows 10 boxes.

VEP on one of the Windows boxes greys out, becomes unreponsive and Cubase 13.0.10 hangs. I have tried creating a new VEP server project, reload all the VSTs, tried different Cubase projects, all to no avail.

Hitting save on the Cubase project will make everyrthing hang. Sometimes it recovers after a couple of minutes, and other times it never recovers.

I have static IP's on dedicated 1GB NiCs, firewall exceptions are in place. In fact, I have disabled the firewall altogether.

Not sure what else to try.

• To add an update to this issue, it seems the main problem is saving in Cubase. Since I have auto-save configured for every 10 minutes, Cubase locks up and VEP on the remote computer also goes to not responding. For now I will disable auto-saving in Cubase. One more thing to note; The issue is more likely to popup when saving while Cubase is playing the track. It does not seem as bad when stopped.