Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,906 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,946 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• @nektarios If MIRacle doesn't do the trick, my personal next call would be Tai Chi from LiquidSonics. As a commercial product, this is very likely the most advanced purely algorithmic reverb of our time, with a myriad of colors and options - and above all: Beautiful sound. It allows for full seperation of reflections and reverb tail, too.

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • PS: If you aren't afraid of very reduced and "un-sexy" GUIs, there's of course Acon Digital's "Verberate". In its 3D version "Verberate Immersive" this reverb is my secret sauce 😉 for the proverbial and sought-after invisible "mix-glue". I use it on those occasions when MIRacle still adds too much "sound".

• last edited
    last edited

Thank you all for the recommendation! I just realized I had Neoverb from iZotope, and so far I like it. I can shut off early and mid reflections.

@Dietz Thank you for this! Now you are tempting me! What do you think of Neoverb from iZotope?

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz Question: between Verberate Immersive, and Tai Chi, which one has a more beautiful sound? My use case is large strings.

• @nektarios This is a bit like asking a foodie to tell you their favorite chocolate cake. ;-D

Both engines sound beautiful and have their special strengths. If you want an all-around reverb with character, many options for sculpting and modulation, it's Tai Chi. If you aim for crystal clear, transparent yet breathing space around your signals it's Verberate. I would see Verberate as a possible alternative for MIRacle (esp. in 3D). I'd select Tai Chi for more effect-like reverbs, or for those (rare) cases where I didn't use MIR 3D at all, for one reason or the other.

I have no strong opinion about Neoverb as I just tested it once and didn't see a gap in my setups it would fill, back then. Apart from that, it's stereo only, if I remember correctly, and this is something I try to avoid, nowadays.

HTH,

• Thank you Dietz. This is so helpful! I guess then Verberate is for me. I am not a reverb mixing expert so many parameters won't be as helpful.

I always wondered why VSL never produced their own high-caliber algo reverb that competes with those high end algo reverbs... I would buy it in a heartbeat!

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz I just listened to Verberate on my mix. Holy cow! This is damn good! omg, thank so much!!!

• @nektarios said:
    I just listened to Reverberate on my mix.

"Verberate". 😉

• Opps, corrected!

@Dietz said:

@nektarios said:
    I just listened to Reverberate on my mix.

"Verberate". 😉

• last edited
    last edited

What everybody thinks about iZotope Symphony? It should be the replacement for Exponential Audio R4, one of my favorites.

Paolo