Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,902 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,945 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 46 new user(s).

• What is the best algo reverb I can use with Synchron libraries for 2024?

I would like to know what is the best algo reverb I can use with Synchron libraries for 2024? I'm currently using the Exponential Audio R4 and want to replace it. I also want the ability to turn off early reflections.

Thank you!

Nektarios

• VSL MIracle would be a good choice for this, but I'm not sure if its sold separately.

• @Dewdman42 said:

VSL MIracle would be a good choice for this, but I'm not sure if its sold separately.

I don't think it is, although I've a feeling it's derived from Vienna Suite's Hybrid Reverb. which is excellent and offers a great deal of control. Vienna Suite also comes with a number of really useful other tools.

Mac Mini M2 16Gb RAM 500Gb int. SSD 2Tb ext. SSD Pro Tools/Mixbus An awful lot of VI, Synchron-ised and Synchron libraries, amongst others. VSL user since 2003.
  • LiquidSonics Cinematic Rooms Professional is an excellent choice, I think, it is what I am using for most things now. You can't "turn off" the early reflections, but it does let you change the balance between early reflections and tail, so if you change that full to the tail side, you won't hear the early reflections even though they are probably "on". It is a very highly rated reverb and is very flexible. I would recommend the Professional version even if you don't need surround, because it has lots of important features that the standard version does not.

Another option you can consider is the Stratus and Symphony reverbs that replaced the old exponential audio reverbs like R4. Those are still sold. You might be able to get a loyalty crossgrade price or something as an owner of R4 from iZotope. I don't have either of those, but a lot of people like them.

• last edited
    last edited

It depends on what you want to achieve. If I'm looking for something transparent, MIRacle is really good. If I want something muddying things up (in a positive, musical way), it is some variant of the Lexicon 480. In my case, it can be the Relab emulation, or the NI/Softube one.

Paolo

• @nektarios If MIRacle doesn't do the trick, my personal next call would be Tai Chi from LiquidSonics. As a commercial product, this is very likely the most advanced purely algorithmic reverb of our time, with a myriad of colors and options - and above all: Beautiful sound. It allows for full seperation of reflections and reverb tail, too.

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • PS: If you aren't afraid of very reduced and "un-sexy" GUIs, there's of course Acon Digital's "Verberate". In its 3D version "Verberate Immersive" this reverb is my secret sauce 😉 for the proverbial and sought-after invisible "mix-glue". I use it on those occasions when MIRacle still adds too much "sound".

• last edited
    last edited

Thank you all for the recommendation! I just realized I had Neoverb from iZotope, and so far I like it. I can shut off early and mid reflections.

@Dietz Thank you for this! Now you are tempting me! What do you think of Neoverb from iZotope?

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz Question: between Verberate Immersive, and Tai Chi, which one has a more beautiful sound? My use case is large strings.

• @nektarios This is a bit like asking a foodie to tell you their favorite chocolate cake. ;-D

Both engines sound beautiful and have their special strengths. If you want an all-around reverb with character, many options for sculpting and modulation, it's Tai Chi. If you aim for crystal clear, transparent yet breathing space around your signals it's Verberate. I would see Verberate as a possible alternative for MIRacle (esp. in 3D). I'd select Tai Chi for more effect-like reverbs, or for those (rare) cases where I didn't use MIR 3D at all, for one reason or the other.

I have no strong opinion about Neoverb as I just tested it once and didn't see a gap in my setups it would fill, back then. Apart from that, it's stereo only, if I remember correctly, and this is something I try to avoid, nowadays.

HTH,

• Thank you Dietz. This is so helpful! I guess then Verberate is for me. I am not a reverb mixing expert so many parameters won't be as helpful.

I always wondered why VSL never produced their own high-caliber algo reverb that competes with those high end algo reverbs... I would buy it in a heartbeat!

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz I just listened to Verberate on my mix. Holy cow! This is damn good! omg, thank so much!!!

• @nektarios said:
    I just listened to Reverberate on my mix.

"Verberate". 😉

• Opps, corrected!

@Dietz said:

@nektarios said:
    I just listened to Reverberate on my mix.

"Verberate". 😉

• last edited
    last edited

What everybody thinks about iZotope Symphony? It should be the replacement for Exponential Audio R4, one of my favorites.

Paolo