Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,938 users have contributed to 42,331 threads and 255,209 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 39 new user(s).

• Custom colors - where are thy saved?

Hi folks!

I installed VEP7 on a new Windows 11 computer. After loading my first server project I added a new channel and wanted to colorize it (with "set color --> "Choose Using System Color Dialog"). I recognized that my custom colors are all white which wasn't the case on the old Windows 10 computer.

I thought that the custom colors are saved with the server project, but this is obviously not the case. So, my question is: Is there any chance to transfer the custom setting from my old computer to the new one? Where are these custom colors saved? Registry? Config File? ...

Any help would be highly appreciated!
    Thanks a lot!

• Is that really unknown?

• Hi,

Just asked Chat GPT, here is the location where Windows stores this information: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentColors

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • @Paul said:

Hi,

Just asked Chat GPT, here is the location where Windows stores this information: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentColors

Hi Paul,

thank you for your comment, but I think you misunderstood me.
    What I meant was the custom colors palette in VEP7 where you can colorize the instances or the channels.

Where is this saved? I want to restore it from an old installation

• Hi,

I was informed that that's the same color picker. Is it not?

• @Paul said:

Hi,

I was informed that that's the same color picker. Is it not?

I am not sure if Windows Explorer uses the same color picker VEP7 uses, but:

Since this question obviously seems to be not an easy one, I took the trouble again and did a somewhat deeper, forensic research. In doing so, I found out that the custom colors are stored in the following registry key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\QtProject\OrganizationDefaults\Qt\customColors

Thank you for your help anyway, sending you kind regards from Vienna 😊

• Hi Meister Eder,

Thanks for the investigation, I will write that down!