Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,438 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,075 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 55 new user(s).

• Komplete Kontrol MK3's and VEP Issues

I recently purchased a Komplete Kontrol MK3, and it's causing all kinds of problems across my system. One issue I'm investigating is that the controller seems to be communicating with some instances of Kontakt within VEP, and this worries me. I mostly want the keyboard to communicate with Cubase, and I wonder if this sporadic communication with VEP is causing instability.

Anyone else have experience with this?

• Did you try to disable all external midi ports in VEP?

• Yes, they all seem to be disabled (and always have been on my system)

@PeterH said:

Did you try to disable all external midi ports in VEP?

• Update - My KK Mk3 seems to snag a random instance of Kontakt 7 within VEP to control IF it's not linked up to Komplete Kontrol Wrapper in my DAW. For those who aren't aware, the new MK3's can control Kontakt directly, but apparently with VEP running it "sees" Kontakt 7's presence in VEP before it detects it in the DAW.

To make it more strange, the midi keybed still controls the selected instrument in the DAW, but the browser and integrated controls are linked up to the random K7 instance in VEP.

Pretty massive issue! Whether it's the cause of the odd crashes I'm getting, I can't yet say.