Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,902 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,945 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 46 new user(s).

• Still confused... is VI Pro now Apple Silicon native or no? (Standalone and plugin)

last edited
    last edited

I know there's multiple threads everywhere and info on the website, but I couldn't quite find the answer to the question in my title. Is VI Pro now Apple Silicon native or no?

This week I did the conversion from eLicenser to iLok and that process was smooth enough. But the amount of CPU usage that VI Pro is taking up in my DAWs is still extraordinarly high compared to other VSTs, so I'm confused on whether it's been optimized yet for M1 machines and Apple Silicon.

Also it seems that, in MainStage, whenever I have a VI Pro instance active, it triggers a bug where all audio output is defeated. Not experiencing this with other plugins.

• Hi J.H.,

Yes, VI Pro is now Apple Silicon Native, like all our sample players.

Which version are you using, and can you tell us more about the extraordinary CPU usage?

We will look into the Main Stage bug you mention. Which version of Main Stage are you using?

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hey Paul, thanks for your response. Here is an example of the CPU spikes I'm talking about. These massive peaks will just pop up here and there as I'm playing normally.

Since they are so massive, my theory is that they are the main contributor to to the Audio System Overload message I'm getting, which then defeats all audio output from the MainStage concert until I close and re-open it.

(That issue with the audio output dying on me after the overload is likely not VSL's problem, and I am investigated it in parallel to this issue in other avenues. Though I still would like to know if anything can be done about the VI Pro CPU spikes).

-----
    My info:
    -MainStage: version 3.6.6
    -Laptop: M1 Max, 2021 Macbook Pro, 64 GB ram, Sonoma 14.2.1
    -VI Pro: latest version, 2.7.157

• Alright so as an update, I forced MainStage to open using Rosetta mode. This has solved the issue of the program's audio being completely defeated after experiecing an overload. Also, since switching to Rosetta mode, I am not seeing any more huge CPU spikes from my VI Pro plugin instances.

This leads me to believe that there may be something to my initial hypothesis; that VI Pro still has issues running natively on Apple Silicon.

• Hi J.H.,

just sending you an improved beta version to check, via PM.
    Already in the pipeline!

Best,
    Paul

• @Paul said:

Hi J.H.,

just sending you an improved beta version to check, via PM.
    Already in the pipeline!

Best,
    Paul

Hi Paul,

Have you rolled out this update yet? I have a big theatre pit job using Mainstage and don't want to fal foul of this problem.

Thank you and best wishes,

Pete Morris

• Hi,

Yes, that's in the current version!