Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,437 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,075 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 57 new user(s).

• VE Pro 7 AU plug-in recognizes networked VE Pro Server instance but cannot connect.

last edited
    last edited

Setup:

Master Mac - Mac Studio M2, macOS 14.2.1, Logic Pro 10.8.1, VE Pro 7 (Trial, licensed VE Pro 6 user)

Slave Mac - Mac Mini Intel, macOS 10.14.6 (I cannot upgrade the OS on this machine).

I load VE Pro Server 7 on the Mac Mini. I launch Logic on the Mac Studio, load the VE Pro 7 plug-in and my VE Pro Server appears as expected with correct IP address, hostname, instance name, etc. I try to connect and it fails. I have spent the last two evenings troubleshooting this in a dozen or more ways according to forum posts, YouTube tutorials, official VE documentation, VI-Kontrol posts, you name it I've tried it.

I'm very keen to get this working because the alternative is the very arduous and expensive process of migrating a lot of legacy instruments, libraries, and plug-ins accumulated over a decade on my old system. This working would allow me to keep it intact. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks in advance.

• Hi,

Are those computers connected directly? Any firewalls / AV programs in the game?

Thanks for any additional information. It would also help to know what you have actually tried... so we can cross that off our list.

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thanks, Paul. While troubleshooting I noticed some other networking-related issues and after speaking directly with Apple, I ended up doing a clean OS reinstall and everything's working great now. 😊

@Paul said:

Hi,

Are those computers connected directly? Any firewalls / AV programs in the game?

Thanks for any additional information. It would also help to know what you have actually tried... so we can cross that off our list.

• Hi,

Thanks for the update. Would you like to share what was wrong?

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • I wish I could. I was also experiencing issues with screen sharing (it would never work), while file sharing worked fine. I wiped assorted preferences files, investigated network monitoring, etc. to no avail. Since the OS reinstall solved it, there must have been some system-related network configuration deep in the OS that had been corrupted or similar, but with such a broad fix applied, I can't be sure what specifically caused it. Certainly nothing I was able to discern via various manual methods...