Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,902 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,945 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 46 new user(s).

• SYzd Solo strings sustained notes not looped

Re: solo strings sustain not looped?

Hello folks!

I have the exact same issue mentioned in the linked (maybe a bit old) post. Except, I write music using Dorico, so retriggering a sustained long tied note doesn't really work! I could try keep adding sustain pedals, but that seems like an annoying workaround & time consuming for lengthy/sophisticated works!

Is there any clean appraoch to just let sustained samples loop automatically (e.g. simulating the bow up/down continuously) when having a long tied note?

I'm using Dorico 4 and the basic SYzd Solo Strings batch.

Thanks all!

• I am also not happy with the answer of the support, I une VI lib, using a sustain pedal and adding the same note many times is a big joke ! give your Dorico score with a pedal on the solo string to an orchestra ; they are gong to have a big laught !

In addition is the number and the length of notes depends of the velocity of the note played.

Support answer is no fix ! the repution of the Best and most expensive Orchestral Library is going down

There is no problem with Spifire Demo lib with solo violin and solo viola, the loop of the samples are almost perfect

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • last edited
    last edited

@Cyril-Blanc said:

I am also not happy with the answer of the support, I une VI lib, using a sustain pedal and adding the same note many times is a big joke ! give your Dorico score with a pedal on the solo string to an orchestra ; they are gong to have a big laught !

In addition is the number and the length of notes depends of the velocity of the note played.

Support answer is no fix ! the repution of the Best and most expensive Orchestral Library is going down

There is no problem with Spifire Demo lib with solo violin and solo viola, the loop of the samples are almost perfect

Hey! Thanks for your reply! For the first point regarding the final score, I think you could hide the pedal marks, otherwise it would have been a really bad joke! But even having that said, I totally agree with you, it's just a total turn-off and a huge pitfall in the library if not fixed properly! Have had I known this is the case, I would have never proceeded with the purchase, so I feel really disappointed about it!