Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,014 users have contributed to 42,272 threads and 254,971 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

• [SOLVED] MIR Pro 3D - Reaper Tracks No Sound

last edited
    last edited

MIR Pro 3D On Windows 11 In Reaper

I have just upgraded to MIR Pro 3D and when I opened a previous Reaper project created with the previous MIR Pro, everything works.

However, when I create a new track and route this to MIR Pro 3D there is no playback. When I remove the routing to MIR Pro 3D the audio track plays.

I tried creating a completely new project in Reaper with tracks routed to MIR Pro 3D and none of the tracks sound.

I have used the previous MIR Pro for over ten years without any problems so there must be something I'm missing with this new version.

Can anyone suggest what more I need to do to play tracks through MIR Pro 3D?

Thanks

• last edited
    last edited

Ok, I've resolved this. The Reaper send sliders were set to zero. Moving these up to centre, which is usually default, resolved everything.

• Good to hear that you could solve the issue so quickly. 👍

But may I ask why you need to use Sends at all? MIR is typically used in track inserts, because it is meant to take care for all panning- and positioning-related aspects of the dry signal, too.

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • @Dietz said:

Good to hear that you could solve the issue so quickly. 👍

But may I ask why you need to use Sends at all? MIR is typically used in track inserts, because it is meant to take care for all panning- and positioning-related aspects of the dry signal, too.

Thanks for replying Dietz.

I don't really remember why I started using sends as it was many years ago now. I think it had something to do with the program I was using before MIR Pro where a professional audio engineer, who also used the same program, advised me to work with sends. When I switched to MIR Pro I just carried on working that way. I realise, of course, that initial advice may have been best for that program we used to use but not necessarily for MIR Pro.

Following your advice, I tried using MIR Pro 3D as a track insert and I'll certainly change to working that way now.

Thanks again and best wishes.

• You're welcome! Enjoy MIR 3D. 😊

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library