Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,984 users have contributed to 42,271 threads and 254,966 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 7 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• MIR PRO 3d with SYNCHRON WORLD WINDS?

Hey there 😊 with the Woodwind festival running im very interessed in the SYNCHRON WORLD WINDS.

are those, even not Synchron-ized, usable with MIR Pro 3D? i looked in the Profiles section in MIR Pro 3D but cant find any of the:

Bansuris
    Dizis
    Duduks
    Gajdica
    Hulusi
    Koncovka
    Shakuhachi
    Tin Whistles
    Zurna

listed in the Preset Browser.

Historic Woodwinds are there but non of the Synchron World Winds 😞

if they are compatible with MIR PRO 3D i will directly buy them hehe 😊

take care

Janosch

• Synchron series products aren't actually designed for use with MIR because of the difference in philosophy: VI Series and Synchron-ised products are recorded more or less dry, which is what MIR works best with, whereas Synchron series products are recorded in a fairly reverberant room. Having said that, you can use Synchron series products with MIR, you can use pretty much anything, but there aren't profiles for them. Basically you need to treat them the way you'd treat third-party products or stuff you'd recorded yourself. So use one of the General Purpose profiles as a starting point. Then it's best to turn off all Dry Signal Handling (because the signal isn't dry!) You can still use MIR to add more room reverb, placement, etc. but not with the same degree of accuracy as VSL VI and Synchron-ised products which are totally compatible with MIR.

Hope that helps

Nick

Mac Mini M2 16Gb RAM 500Gb int. SSD 2Tb ext. SSD Pro Tools/Mixbus An awful lot of VI, Synchron-ised and Synchron libraries, amongst others. VSL user since 2003.
  • thx nick hmmmm sounds not perfect hahah but world winds sound gorgous hmhmhm hmmhmmhm 😊

cheers janosch

• No, it's not perfect - MIR is designed to work with samples recorded as drily as possible - but with a bit of experimentation it can be done. I usually turn off all additional reverb in the Synchron Player, then also Dry Signal Handling in MIR. I also tend not to use MIR's natural volumes and mix by ear.

Another thing is that if you've got the Synchron Stage room pack you can probably do a lot there, as that's the same space in which Synchron series products were recorded. I don't have that room pack, I'm mostly using Room Pack 2, which is mostly recording studios.

To sum up, this isn't what either MIR or the Synchron series products were designed for, but it can be made to work, especially if you know MIR reasonably well and take a bit of time to experiment.

N

Mac Mini M2 16Gb RAM 500Gb int. SSD 2Tb ext. SSD Pro Tools/Mixbus An awful lot of VI, Synchron-ised and Synchron libraries, amongst others. VSL user since 2003.
  • I wonder about 'adding' the Synchron stage to Synchron instruments?

Just a beginner
  • @nick-halliwell said:

No, it's not perfect - MIR is designed to work with samples recorded as drily as possible - but with a bit of experimentation it can be done. I usually turn off all additional reverb in the Synchron Player, then also Dry Signal Handling in MIR. I also tend not to use MIR's natural volumes and mix by ear.

Another thing is that if you've got the Synchron Stage room pack you can probably do a lot there, as that's the same space in which Synchron series products were recorded. I don't have that room pack, I'm mostly using Room Pack 2, which is mostly recording studios.

To sum up, this isn't what either MIR or the Synchron series products were designed for, but it can be made to work, especially if you know MIR reasonably well and take a bit of time to experiment.

N

yeah the guys at VSL were again so generous that i got some Synchron World Wind demos and they sound sooooooooooooooooo amazing hahah ( with the Bansuris im especially in love ) MIR PRO 3D is unbeatable 😉 guess i will pull the trigger while the woodwind festivall lasts on the SYNCHRON WORLD WINDS Bundle 😉

I tried also a "flagship" wood wind library from a competitor also in MIR 3D (with only spot and close mics and a general purpose profil)...guess i wont use that anymore hahaha 😄

cheers Janosch

• I only own the duduks and the close mic works perfectly in MIR Pro 3D! I needed them in a project, where the main ensemble was recorded at Teldex, so I simply placed them there with a general purpose preset and a few adjustments. For example, I used a little less wetness on them and the result was perfect!