Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,017 users have contributed to 42,272 threads and 254,971 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 51 new user(s).

• The future development of MIR 3D

I'm curious as whether the future of MIR 3D might include the ability to have sound sources move within the space (or even between spaces) whilst playing. I know that this would not be 'reaslistic' in terms of faithfully reproducing classical orchestral works but I think it would be a great thing for other types of music eg to have the soaring violin actually soar in the space.

Just a beginner
  • Thanks for your interest in MIR 3D and our developments! We really appreciate it.

Although the movement of sources is high on our wish list, it is quite unlikely that we will see (and hear πŸ˜‰ ...) this any time soon. What seems effortless to achieve by moving the MIR Icon across the stage of a Venue means a huge amount of work for the engine in the background. Especially in the case of 3D formats with several dozen IRs that are rendered every time you change something that affects the Icon, the interruptions are noticeable (and unavoidable).

But you know: Never say never ... 😊

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • The solution is to put your instrument(s) in a bus and send the bus to MIR

I MIR you define it as a wide instrument accross the venue.

You can move in your DAW the instrument(s) accros the venue.

I use the same artifact for Pop drums so I dont have the High Hat on the right of the venue and the Bass Tom on the left !

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • @Dietz thanks for the reply. I shall dream onπŸ˜€

Just a beginner