Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,444 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,079 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 18 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

• Lost all Vienna Instruments Player instances with VEP 7.3.3502 update

last edited
    last edited

I just updated to VEP 7.3.502, from ? 7.2.1520 (on OS 13.6.3, Mac Studio M1) and am encountering a kind of serious problem - my template uses many instances of instruments that require Vienna Instruments players (updated today to v2.7.157)- (Percussion, Elements, Upright Bass, Special Woodwinds, etc) and they will not save in the template. I can load a Vienna Instruments instance, pull up any instrument, and save it, but when I re-launch VEP all the VI instances are marked with !VI! in red. Please advise! Only recourse was to downgrade VEP at this stage but then I lose the ability to open DAW w/o Rosetta ao please advise if you can help!

• @jdk90026 said:

I just updated to VEP 7.3.502, from ? 7.2.1520 (on OS 13.6.3, Mac Studio M1) and am encountering a kind of serious problem - my template uses many instances of instruments that require Vienna Instruments players (updated today to v2.7.157)- (Percussion, Elements, Upright Bass, Special Woodwinds, etc) and they will not save in the template. I can load a Vienna Instruments instance, pull up any instrument, and save it, but when I re-launch VEP all the VI instances are marked with !VI! in red. Please advise! Only recourse was to downgrade VEP at this stage but then I lose the ability to open DAW w/o Rosetta ao please advise if you can help!

I have the same problem and asked VSL Support for help yesterday. They are looking into it - I'll let you know when we find a fix.

• Problem solved: Andreas at VSL Tech Support said, "Go into the VE Pro settings > Plugins and use the 'Reset & Rescan All' button there." Happy to say it worked!