Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,889 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,944 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 42 new user(s).

• "The selected installation location is not valid. Please select a different one."

I can't install updates or new libraries because I keep getting this message in Vienna Assistant, "The selected installation location is not valid. Please select a different one."

I am currently trying to update the woodwinds library with the new update. I am on a mac studio ultra and have the woodwinds library on the internal drive in /applications/synchron libraries/woodwinds. When I try to select that folder, I get the message taht it is not valid. I tried putting the library on an external drive and I get the same thing.

Not sure what I am doing wrong, but it seems like I have hit a brick wall.

Any help would be appreciated. I tried resetting the Vienna Assistant download folder to the factory default, and still got the message.

Is there a preferred or required installation location setup for libraries, player, and Vienna Assistant? I seem to have violated some kind of expected behavior, just not sure what is expected.