Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,995 users have contributed to 42,272 threads and 254,969 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 45 new user(s).

• SYNCHRON PLAYER LOADING ISSUE IN CUBASE PRO

last edited
    last edited

Hi,

Not sure if this is the place to ask this because i do not know if this is a synchron player issue or Cubase, but here goes?

The issue is that for whatever reason, when i create an instrument track to load the Synchron player and try to edit/open the instrument,

i get this pop up window with the message that you can see in the attached image?

This results in the following? When i click on the ok button on the pop up window, then it disappears and everything freezes!! I then have to force cubase to close, ctrl/alt/del etc. As i said, not sure what is causing this? It might be a Cubase thing?

Any suggestions of what i try to resolve this issue would be much appreciated? I have reinstalled the sychron player as suggested on pop up message, but it still happens? I am now out of ideas?

Thank you in advance of any and all replies?

Indy

Windows 10/Cubase Pro 13/ 16Gb RAM/Desktop PC/Updated drivers etc

• Have you tried running the Synchron player outside of cubase?

Just a beginner
  • last edited
    last edited
    @indy61 said:

Hi,

Not sure if this is the place to ask this because i do not know if this is a synchron player issue or Cubase, but here goes?

The issue is that for whatever reason, when i create an instrument track to load the Synchron player and try to edit/open the instrument,

i get this pop up window with the message that you can see in the attached image?

This results in the following? When i click on the ok button on the pop up window, then it disappears and everything freezes!! I then have to force cubase to close, ctrl/alt/del etc. As i said, not sure what is causing this? It might be a Cubase thing?

Any suggestions of what i try to resolve this issue would be much appreciated? I have reinstalled the sychron player as suggested on pop up message, but it still happens? I am now out of ideas?

Indy

I am having the same problem running Cubase 12 and 13 on a Gen 13 Intel PC with 128 gig memory. Rebooting does not solve it and I had to roll back to the previous version of Synchron Player to continue with my project. There is something not right with the latest Synchron Player. The stand alone works, but not the plug in version in Cubase. This is the case with only one track in Cubase. You cannot edit the instrument.

• Hi, Since this is a Cubase topic I'd like to add to it. I'm running Cubase Pro 13 on Windows. I'm using Special Edition Vol 1 and Vol 1+. I'm not experiencing any problems loading Synchron Player or assigning instruments, but I am having issues with the expression maps. I downloaded the maps offered here by VI (VSL-SE) When I enter the expression maps into Cubase assign an articulation and start playback, the Syncron players CC1 drops to zero.

In the output mapping in the Cubase expression map. There is a NOTE-ON for the articulation and below that is a dropdown that you can select

Controller

Program

Note On

I've tried every combination and still get the same results, CC 1 drops to zero. What is the correct setting? The Special Edition instruments sound fantastic and I thought expression maps would help speed up my workflow. So far only frustration. Any insight would be greatly appreciated

J.

• @ROADLADIES said:
    @indy61 said:

Hi,

Indy

I am having the same problem running Cubase 12 and 13 on a Gen 13 Intel PC with 128 gig memory. Rebooting does not solve it and I had to roll back to the previous version of Synchron Player to continue with my project. There is something not right with the latest Synchron Player. The stand alone works, but not the plug in version in Cubase. This is the case with only one track in Cubase. You cannot edit the instrument.

Is anyone else having problems loading the latest version of Synchron Player on Windows 10 as stated above. I had to roll back to the previous version. The latest version works as stand alone but not in either Cubase 12 or 13