Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,889 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,944 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 42 new user(s).

• Changing time signature on Jazz drums?

HI, trialing the jazz drums, which sound terrific, but I'm in 9/8 in my project and I am wondering if the pre-programmed phrases will adapt to this time signature. Will I need to play the parts in using different tracks for each of the drums in this case? (As it seems the general map only includes a few articulations.

THanks for any help, I am really trying to make these work

• Hello!

The APPSeq presets of Jazz Drums contain grooves in 4/4. They cannot adapt automatically to another time signature. Everything else is single samples and can be used in any time signature.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • @andi said:

Hello!

The APPSeq presets of Jazz Drums contain grooves in 4/4. They cannot adapt automatically to another time signature. Everything else is single samples and can be used in any time signature.

Best regards,
    Andi

thanks so I will need to play them in myself, without any premade midi performances then.

Would people normally need more than one instance of jazz drums to replicate a drum track? one track for snare, one for hhs etc?

Or is there a more detailed midi map than the general one, available?

• We have prepared Vienna Ensemble projects for Jazz Drums. You can download these projects with Vienna Assistant under Additionals/Other Downloads.
    With these projects loaded you can trigger all instruments of the drum set on one channel. If you trigger them from one or more tracks from your DAW is up to you.

You can find a detailed library manual here:
    https://www.vsl.info/en/instruments/vienna-instruments/collections#percussion

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library