Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,019 users have contributed to 42,272 threads and 254,971 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 51 new user(s).

• Strange background noise

Hello Dietz,

I wonder whether you or anyone could identify the cause of a strange distortion effect in the background when using MIR Pro 3D. The dry loaded samples sound fine, and I don't think this is a latency issue crackle. The sound is a fluttering of the pitch of each note, occurring on as many notes are playing, i.e. on more than one instrument, so that the wet signal is going out of tune for a second or two. The only thing I've been able to possibly link this to is when Miracle is assigned to the master output of an instance of VE.

When I assign Miracle in this way its label appears grey; there is a second list where when assigned it appears blue. Am I correct that it is the grey label which indicates the correct one when using inside an instance of VE? When grey I can open Miracle and change settings; when blue I can't open it from inside VE.

Alternatively could the roles presets or venue presets be responsible? Or is it something to do with an ambisonics setting which is incompatible with Sibelius because that can only output stereo?

My set-up is a Sibelius score using VI instruments in VIPro / VE / MIRPro3D.

Thanks in anticipation.

• last edited
    last edited

Hi there,

sorry to hear that you're facing problems.

Tracking down the issue(s) would be much easier if you could provide us with some audio examples and screenshots. If you suspect that MIRacle is the cause of these problems, please let us know if you experience the same strange behavior when not using it.

Please send these exemplary files to VSL's support address, with a reference to this forum thread. We'll look into it ASAP!

Kind regards,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library