Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,457 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,079 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 54 new user(s).

• Any way to extend sample lengths before a rebow occurs in SYzd Dimension Strings

Hello,

I've got a song in a very slow (but quite playable) tempo, and I'm surprised to hear rebowing occur fairly quickly on some of the Long patch notes. By comparison, Spitfire's BBCSO has no problem with the same note lengths.

I have noticed that if I crossfade a vibrato, I don't always here the rebow, even though the length has not changed. Is that beccause it's shifting samples?

Any help appreciated

• Hello PJComposer!

The higher dynamic level is, the quicker strings need to change the bow direction. That's completely natural.
    If you crossfade articulations, it could be that you crossfade before a bowchange in one articulation and after a bowchange in another one.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • @andi said:

Hello PJComposer!

The higher dynamic level is, the quicker strings need to change the bow direction. That's completely natural.
    If you crossfade articulations, it could be that you crossfade before a bowchange in one articulation and after a bowchange in another one.

Best regards,
    Andi

Thank you! Could you explain how to cross fade an articulation after a bow change? I'm new to the Syncron player.

• @PJComposer said:
    Thank you! Could you explain how to cross fade an articulation after a bow change? I'm new to the Syncron player.

1. Select a XF vibrato articulation
    2. Press and hold a key.
    3. Wait for the bowchange.
    4. Use CC20 to crossfade between non vibrato and vibrato.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library