Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,444 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,079 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 18 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

• Start/Stop Transport Controls

Has anyone found a work around for this? It has totally slowed down my entire process not being able to start stop from VEPro. I'm working between VEPro and Logic on the same computer and it is painful to me now. Any 3rd party apps or plugins or tools anyone has found to make this go back to how it used to be?

• Works fine in Cubase but broken in Logic.

Is VSL looking into it? Or is the fix supposed to come from Apple? It is very annoying indeed.

As a workaround i keep the VEP window on a separate monitor and disable the auto-raise window from VEP

• what versino of LogicPro and vepro are you using? its working perfectly fine for me using LogicPro 10.7.9 and the latest VePro7

• Yeah it has been broken since 10.8

• interesting. Sorry to hear that.

• Works for us here in DP11, Big Sur, 2019MAc pro.

BUT.... some of my clients in DP with same basic setup but it wont work for them.... hmmmm

• last edited
    last edited

@swpowe said:

Has anyone found a work around for this? It has totally slowed down my entire process not being able to start stop from VEPro. I'm working between VEPro and Logic on the same computer and it is painful to me now. Any 3rd party apps or plugins or tools anyone has found to make this go back to how it used to be?

Swpowe, It's working for me with the latest VEP and Logic 10.8.1, both in an Intel iMac with Ventura 13.6.3.

However, there is a Ventura System Setting that affects this functionality:– under "Privacy & Security" / "Acessibility", I have "Logic 10.8" switched on. Only then will using the Space bar (or whatever key command you use for transport Start/Stop) work when only VEP has focus.

In my 27" iMac I always have VEP and Logic on separate desktops, and if neither Logic nor VEP are on my current desktop then the Start/Stop key command does not operate Logic or VEP (which I suppose has some valid rationale in the very fussy, almost CP/M-like world of Ventura).

(By the way, for any mac users who don't already know, there's a handy trick for switching between desktops using only your right hand – by making the desktop-select key command use the right hand "Command" key with the appropriate arrow keys. Sorry, don't know where that key command edit menu is in Ventura, perhaps my edit was carried over when I did a new-volume upgrade from Monterey to Ventura.)

"The US 1st Amendment does NOT allow you to yell "FIRE!" falsely in a packed cinema, nor in an online forum." ~ Dobi (60kg Cane da pastore Maremmano-Abruzzese)
  • I have the same problem. VEP7 and MIR PRO 3d. Both of them when in focus, Logic doesn't not start. The Accessibility trick doesn't work for me. Apple Silicone OS Sonoma, MacBook Pro 16 m2. Has anyone solved the problem?