Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,773 users have contributed to 42,478 threads and 255,926 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 37 new user(s).

• Updating to Kontakt 7 in VEP

I have many Kontakt 5 and 6 instances in VEP that I want to update to Kontakt 7. Is there a way to update these instances to K7 more automatically rather than having to create a new K7 instrument and reload its saved instrument for each instance?

• There are a couple of posts here about it. It seems like a super important thing for so many people who would be using VEP--if not the majority of people. Even if they haven't encountered the problem yet, they will, eventually.

Cubase can currently automatically use Kontakt 7 in place of previous versions, as the kontakt plugin is designed to do so. But VEP hasn't bothered to make the necessary adjustments to allow it (which as I understand it isn't that hard).

• @dbtothavsl said:

There are a couple of posts here about it. It seems like a super important thing for so many people who would be using VEP--if not the majority of people. Even if they haven't encountered the problem yet, they will, eventually.

Cubase can currently automatically use Kontakt 7 in place of previous versions, as the kontakt plugin is designed to do so. But VEP hasn't bothered to make the necessary adjustments to allow it (which as I understand it isn't that hard).

Thx for your reply. So, I gather it's just a day(s) project of replacing all K5 and K6 instruments in VEP with K7 - no shortcuts, plugins or mechanism built in for this.

• In my case, there's nothing I can do because many of the plugins have custom CCs that were assigned long ago. No way to know what they are now. If you just have a monolithic orchestral template with not much customization, yes, it's probably whatever time it takes to rebuild. In other cases though, old cues are a mess until a fix is made.

@RC88 said:

@dbtothavsl said:

There are a couple of posts here about it. It seems like a super important thing for so many people who would be using VEP--if not the majority of people. Even if they haven't encountered the problem yet, they will, eventually.

Thx for your reply. So, I gather it's just a day(s) project of replacing all K5 and K6 instruments in VEP with K7 - no shortcuts, plugins or mechanism built in for this.