Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,755 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,917 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• VEP7 and Logic Pro X build

last edited
    last edited

Hi guys,

This question dawned upon a tad too late but I'm wondering if this is the current best approach when building VEP7 template for Logic?

I am running 2021 M1, 64GB RAM, 10 Cores, VEP7 is within the same machine.

Since Logic can only run with a single port per instance and use 15 additional aux tracks per 16 stereo out instance, I'm limited to using 16 tracks in total per VEP instance as well.

Once the build is complete, I'm thinking to create track stacks within Logic for each instance so I can load things as I need and they are all set up, ready to go. It's also a factor since Logic can hold only up to 1000 aux tracks.

As far as I'm aware, using AU3 as a stereo instance I have the option for multiple ports but tracks do not show up in Logic's mixer so I'd be forced to mix within VEP7 which I really do not want.

Any suggestions and guidance would be appreciated!

• I do not use VEP, I have put my VSL VI in Logic.

Template of a 1000 tracks ; this is totally crazy, how are you going to do the MIX with a 1000 faders !

With 150 it's already a difficult work

A 100 to 150 thracks is enougth for a full orchestra, do articulation switching if necessary !

I have a stack per "pupitre" i.e strings, winds ....

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" - 1 x 27" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D Dolby Atmos --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic --- Studio equipped in Dolby Atmos 7.1.2
  • last edited
    last edited

@Cyril-Blanc said:

I do not use VEP, I have put my VSL VI in Logic.

Template of a 1000 tracks ; this is totally crazy, how are you going to do the MIX with a 1000 faders !

With 150 it's already a difficult work

A 100 to 150 thracks is enougth for a full orchestra, do articulation switching if necessary !

I have a stack per "pupitre" i.e strings, winds ...

I didn't say that I will use 1000 tracks but a limitation within the build is considered. I had my previous template with keyswitches using Babylonwaves and truly hated the workflow!