Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,084 users have contributed to 42,273 threads and 254,977 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 3 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• Server config

I haven't done it in a while, but they say it's like riding a bicycle—of course, I'm talking about network configs! 😂

Soon, I'll have a new Mac Studio M2 Ultra. I want to use my Mac Pro Intel (Trash Can) as a server for VSL but without the need for a mouse, keyboard, and monitor connected.

How can I do that, and which software should I look into? I used to be a savvy user, though I'm very rusty at the moment, so just a general recommendation of what's needed or software you guys like for this purpose would be great.

Thanks so much for your help!

• Use the Mac Os app "Screen Sharing"

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • Hi Cyril!

Thank you for your numerous informative posts about computers. How's your new M3 treating you, by the way? Sonoma? Have you encountered any compatibility issues?

Thanks for mentioning screen sharing. Do you happen to know if, with that enabled on the server, you can avoid using the mouse, keyboard, and screen?

I'm also looking into Apple Remote Desktop as well.

• Hello Dream

The M3 is great, just a few glitches with MIR PRO

A lot of AU are still running in Rosetta

Screen Sharing is Apple remote desktop for Mac only, you do not need a second kbd

Hi Cyril!

@dream said:

Thank you for your numerous informative posts about computers. How's your new M3 treating you, by the way? Sonoma? Have you encountered any compatibility issues?

Thanks for mentioning screen sharing. Do you happen to know if, with that enabled on the server, you can avoid using the mouse, keyboard, and screen?

I'm also looking into Apple Remote Desktop as well.

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • Thanks Cyril for your reply!

Putting my hand on the new mac Tuesday, can't wait!