Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,457 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,079 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 57 new user(s).

• Interview with Martin Saleteg VSL Software Dev.

last edited
    last edited

From
    GPU Audio's Blog at Audio Developer Conference 2023

• Curious - it seems to have dumped the link:

Really good interview and hints at further GPU Powered functionality that sounds like the Sample playback engines like Synchron player and Synchron piano etc might be about to get some GPU functionality/help.

Really pleased to hear that the response internally at VSL is to go further with the GPU approach.

• last edited
    last edited

After mails with Martin, it is nice to see his face 😀
    He is the guru of VSL

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • It's clearly a very talented team.

I think his comments on the future use of A.I et al to deliver the kind of background control of the nuances that define Ensemble playing are timely.

Companies like SWAM, Sample Modelling, Acoustic Samples, Expressive E, Modart Applied Acoustic Systems are doing very good work and should be a wake up call. SWAM's new String Section must certainly be something that caught VSL's attention and as Mr Saleteg mentions in the interview there's ALOT they could with a library like Dimension Strings.

If they did do something beyond Humanise and Round Robin functionality I'd buy Dimension Brass too.

: )