Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,906 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,946 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• The Secret Cave - 2023 Update

last edited
    last edited

Hi everyone,

The Secret Cave is a game that Dan Thomas (developer) and I (music, narration) made for a game jam in 2018, it was down for a bit but now it's up on itch again and it's free to play so I made a gameplay video and I wanted to share it with you.

The Secret Cave FULL GAMEPLAY - No Commentary

We made it in two days for a game jam held at Media Molecule headquarters, the theme of the jam was "secrets".

The music was made with sounds from the good old Special Edition with the addition of some extra percussion and bass guitar, mixed with Vienna Suite. It's worth noticing that the extreme light weight of the Special Edition revealed itself to be super helpful in that situation as I was operating entirely on a ordinary HP laptop with 8GB of RAM and it handled the whole template spectacularly. I only ran one instance of Vienna convolution reverb (IR: Maria Strassengel Near) and sent the orchestral section to it rather than the individual tracks which is probably the fastest way to mix dry samples effectively.

I later remixed some of the tracks and released them as part of my 2021 full-lenght The Chemist:

The Secret Cave OST

The whole thing has a special meaning to me because in 2018 I worked a corporate job that drained me whilst having very little opportunities to create stuff.

Hope you like it! 😊

Francesco

Francesco