Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,455 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,079 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 57 new user(s).

• GPU Audio saves no CPU...

take a look at this, swicthing back and forth on a heavy project. No CPU saving here on my M1 Max. Seems like a total waste of money getting the upgrade...

• last edited
    last edited

Hi dagmarpiano,

It's important to know where to look. Also, when switching to GPU Power, you will need to wait for all the impulses to be reloaded, so this takes a little patience.

Can you please check in your Activity Monitor? The distribution between CPU and GPU should be clearly visible, like Brandon shows it for Nuendo in this video (at 1:25):

Also, you know that you're always safe to return any licenses within 14 days if you have purchased in our webshop (which you did).

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • @dagmarpiano said:

take a look at this, swicthing back and forth on a heavy project. No CPU saving here on my M1 Max. Seems like a total waste of money getting the upgrade...

Hi @dagmarpiano,

Can you provide more detail on your project please? I don't see your primary microphone preset, but if it's stereo and there are only ~34 instruments you load - it's very little of the loading you create with the plugin, so it would be very hard to notice the difference. Try to load more to offload more... You can switch to 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos and quickly see the difference or make your IRs longer.