Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,457 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,079 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 57 new user(s).

• Powerhouse with NVIDIA RTX 3060 Ti V2

last edited
    last edited

Hi, fellow forum users. Is there somebody, who uses the NVIDIA RTX 3060 Ti V2 videocard with MIR PRO 3D and powerhouse?

I encounter two problems with this card.

1. I use 2 monitors and I'm unable to open a new instance of MIR PRO 3D in the extended monitor. In the screen of MIR PRO 3D a white field appears instead of the yellow field where a venue can be placed.
    2. When I make an identical piece of music with MIR PRO 3D via CPU and GPU, I don't get identical .wav files. This is not as it should be.

The videocard and the pc are only five months old. On this moment I should want to figure out, if the videocard has faults, or the videocard is not compatible with MIR PRO 3D.

So if there is somebody who has the same videocard I'm very interested, what the experiences with that card are. Thanks.

• Hi @MMKA, do you have a secondary GPU in a system, i.e., iGPU of Intel CPU or anything else?

Can you please confirm whether the difference between CPU and GPU modes output is noticeable by ear to you? We have replied to this in the other thread

• @Sasha-T said:

Hi @MMKA, do you have a secondary GPU in a system, i.e., iGPU of Intel CPU or anything else?

Can you please confirm whether the difference between CPU and GPU modes output is noticeable by ear to you? We have replied to this in the other thread

Hi Sasha, I did some tests and hope to do some other tests tomorrow. But I have not much time these days. I let you know the results ASAP. Thanks.

• last edited
    last edited

@Sasha T

Hi Sasha, see here description and results of a few tests I did today.

TEST WITH WAV FILES, AUDIO TRACKS

Used DAW: Samplitude X5 Pro

PC: I have 2 PC’s, PC1 and PC2. I used for this test PC2.
    PC1 Windows Pro 10, 22H2, PC2 Windows Pro 11, 22H2

New project in DAW project

• · 28 different audio tracks (different wav files)
    • · Each track had a separate MIR 3 D PRO plug-in, every track on another spot in the venue in SYNCHRON wide venue, no other adjustments

Exporting to stereo track 2 times:

1. Exporting with MIR PRO 3D CPU mode (File A)
    2. . Exporting with MIR PRO 3D GPU mode (File B)

Zero Phase test File A and File B (File B phase change):

RESULT: Output silence, no hearable sound, so CORRECT

TEST WITH DORICO

5 instruments with the Synchron Player as plugins direct in Dorico (no use of VEPRO).
    MIR PRO 3D, each instrument has his own MIR PRO 3D plugin in Dorico, in MIR PRO 3D just standard settings, only set on a different spot in the venue.

Exporting 2 times with MIR PRO 3D CPU mode (File C and File D).

Exporting 2 times with MIR PRO 3D GPU mode (File E and File F)

Zero Phase test File C and File D (2 CPU files, and File D phase change):

Zero Phase test File E and File F (2 GPU files, and File F phase change):

CONCLUSION: DORICO IS CONSISTENT IN EXPORTING wav file, NO hearable DIFFERENCES between 2 CPU files and no hearable differences between 2 GPU files.

Zero Phase test: File C (CPU file) and File E (GPU file), File E phase change

RESULT: Output: NO SILENCE, but soft sounds, so NOT CORRECT

CONCLUSION: DORICO SEEMS TO CAUSE CHANGES BETWEEN
    MIR PRO 3D WITH CPU and MIR PRO 3D WITH GPU

NOTE:

My earlier tests were done with VEPRO. I did tests with Dorico and 1 VEPRO instance on 1 PC,
    and with Dorico and VEPRO on 2 PC’s (Dorico on PC1 and 1 VEPRO instance on PC2).
    Every test with Dorico gave differences with MIR PRO 3D CPU and MIR PRO 3D GPU

My question: is it possible that Dorico sends signals that influence the GPU (for example midi signals?)