Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,904 users have contributed to 42,331 threads and 255,206 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 18 new post(s) and 33 new user(s).

• Synchron Brass preset question

Hello,

I realize you can load a synchron brass preset to have either all all articulations controlled by crossfade (sustains and shorts) or only the sustains controlled by crossfade and the shorts controlled by velocity.  I understand this decision is made at the time you load the preset.  Is it possible once a preset is loaded, to change the behavior of the shorts?  For example, if I load a preset where the shorts are controlled via the crossfade, is it possible for me to change the short conrtol to velocity within the preset while I am working on a project?  Or, is the way the preset is initially loaded unchangable?

Mike

• Hello Mike!

You can change the Velocity Crossfade mode for each slot on the EDIT tab under Options/Velocity Crossfade. This can only be set for slots holding patches and not for parent slots.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • I see - got it.  Thank you Andi!

Mike

• @andi said:

Hello Mike!

You can change the Velocity Crossfade mode for each slot on the EDIT tab under Options/Velocity Crossfade. This can only be set for slots holding patches and not for parent slots.

Best regards,
    Andi

It is also possible to turn off velocity XF by setting cc28 to value 0. You can turn on velocity XF again by setting cc8 to value 127.

• Thank you, MMKA- that is helpful to know.