Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

184,870 users have contributed to 42,370 threads and 255,390 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 4 new post(s) and 74 new user(s).

  • Synchron Power Drums Outputs

    How can I get more than 9 outputs from the Synchron Player with Synchron Power Drums?

     

    I can understand it being limited to 9 stereo with the 9 differant mic perspectives with the other orchestral synchron full libraries.

    But there seems to be more mics on the Syncron Power Drums

    Looks like I need 18 stereo outputs. Even if I group up the kick, snare, toms outputs together, there's still not enough outputs


  • Hi! One option would be to create two tracks with the same preset (and same MIDI channel) and split the active mics between the two instances. Same RAM & CPU consumption, just split over two tracks to have more options for utilizing outputs. Best,


    VSL Team | Product Specialist & Media Editing
  • @Andreas8420 said:

    Hi! One option would be to create two tracks with the same preset (and same MIDI channel) and split the active mics between the two instances. Same RAM & CPU consumption, just split over two tracks to have more options for utilizing outputs. Best,

    Hi! 

    I've already considered this. However, my concern would be the round robin might not match up between the two instances. So it is my last effort, if there is no other way to add outputs.

    Am I the first person to actually use this library?

    I did a bunch of searching and research before asking here (found nothing). It would seem like this would be brought up on day one by everyone that bought it and also wanted to be able to mix it.

    As far as I can tell, every drum library the past 20+ years can handle multi-outs. Absulutely amazing a drum library by VSL can not handle multi outs ~ Wow! ....just wow, sigh.

     

    Need clarification: Is it One option, or the Only option?

     

    Best regards,


  • @MadAxeMan said:
    @Andreas8420 said:

    Hi! One option would be to create two tracks with the same preset (and same MIDI channel) and split the active mics between the two instances. Same RAM & CPU consumption, just split over two tracks to have more options for utilizing outputs. Best,


    Hi!


    I've already considered this. However, my concern would be the round robin might not match up between the two instances. So it is my last effort, if there is no other way to add outputs.


    Am I the first person to actually use this library?


    I did a bunch of searching and research before asking here (found nothing). It would seem like this would be brought up on day one by everyone that bought it and also wanted to be able to mix it.


    As far as I can tell, every drum library the past 20+ years can handle multi-outs. Absulutely amazing a drum library by VSL can not handle multi outs ~ Wow! ....just wow, sigh.



    Need clarification: Is it One option, or the Only option?



    Best regards,

    I have been pondering this same issue

    My DAW (Logic Pr) gives me the option of "Multi-output (25 x stereo)" when opening VSL Synchron Player but, Synchron Player still limits me to the number of outputs as in your original post

    Has there been any update on this?

    Might there be an update in the works for Power Drums to allow us to send all themes to their own audio tracks without the workaround suggested by Andreas?

    Thank you


  • Hi cinematicpop,

    No update on this, it is currently an intended limitation.

    We'll check what's possible.


    Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • @Paul said:

    Hi cinematicpop,


    No update on this, it is currently an intended limitation.


    We'll check what's possible.

    Paul - thank you for the update. Quick question: what is the "UH" microphone position in Power Drums? I cannot seem to figure out what the "UH" means

    Thanks


  • I think UH is 'Under Hi-Hats'


  • @Louis-C said:

    I think UH is 'Under Hi-Hats'

    I originally thought the same but, the "UH" microphone seemingly picks up every drum in the kit

    I am thinking it is an overhead but, would appreciate @Paul or @Andreas8420 chiming in


  • I find if I Solo it that whilst it picks up every other drum etc - they're all 'off in the distance' .... whereas the Hats are very very present.

    But it would be much better to hear it from VSL as the table below suggests it's a stereo Royer Ribbon mic - which I agree is hardly likely to a bottom Hats mic choice.

    SONOR ACV
    (Left)
    TAMA Star
    (Mid)
    Tama Super Star
    (Right)
    Position Mic Characteristic Mic Characteristic Mic Characteristic
    BD in* Sure Beta52 Cardioid Audio Technica AE2500 Cardioid Audio Technica AE2500 Cardioid
    BD out* DPA 4006 Cardioid Audio Technica AE2500 Cardioid Audio Technica AE2500 Cardioid
    SN top Neumann TLM170 Wide Cardioid Sennheiser MKH 8090 Wide Cardioid Sennheiser MKH 8090 Wide Cardioid
    SN bot Neumann KM184 Cardioid Neumann KM184 Cardioid Sennheiser MKH 8040 Cardioid
    HH Neumann KM184 Cardioid Neumann KM184 Cardioid Sennheiser MKH 8040 Cardioid
    T1 Sennheiser MD 421 Cardioid Neumann MD 421 Cardioid Neumann MD 421 Cardioid
    T2 Sennheiser MD 421 Cardioid Sennheiser MD 421 Cardioid Neumann MD 421 Cardioid
    T3 Sennheiser MD 421 Cardioid Sennheiser MD 421 Cardioid Neumann MD 421 Cardioid
    Cr16 Neumann U87Ai Cardioid AKG 414 Cardioid Sennheiser MKH8090 Wide Cardioid
    Cr18 Neumann U87Ai Cardioid AKG 414 Cardioid Sennheiser MKH8090 Wide Cardioid
    R22 Neumann KM184 Cardioid Neumann KM184 Cardioid DPA 4011 Cardioid
    UH L Royer SF24 8 AEA 440 RXE 8 Royer SF24 8
    UH R Royer SF24 8 AEA 440 RXE 8 Royer SF24 8
    ROOM L Flea47 Omni Flea12 Omni Neumann M-149 Omni
    ROOM R Flea47 Omni Flea12 Omni Neumann M-149 Omni

  • @cinematicpop said:
    @Paul said:

    Hi cinematicpop,




    No update on this, it is currently an intended limitation.




    We'll check what's possible.


    Paul - thank you for the update. Quick question: what is the "UH" microphone position in Power Drums? I cannot seem to figure out what the "UH" means



    Thanks

    UH stands for "under-head", an approach that some recording engineers prefer to the proverbial "over-heads". The latter are usually positioned above the cymbals, while the former are placed below them.


    /Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • @Dietz said:
    @cinematicpop said:

    @Paul said:


    Hi cinematicpop,






    No update on this, it is currently an intended limitation.






    We'll check what's possible.




    Paul - thank you for the update. Quick question: what is the "UH" microphone position in Power Drums? I cannot seem to figure out what the "UH" means







    Thanks


    UH stands for "under-head", an approach that some recording engineers prefer to the proverbial "over-heads". The latter are usually positioned above the cymbals, while the former are placed below them.

    Hi Dietz - thanks for dropping some knowledge on us

    Since the UH was recorded L/R with 2 separate microphones, does that mean I could conceivably create both a Left and Right track, separating the mics, by using the balance knob?