Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,457 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,079 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 57 new user(s).

• [SOLVED] MIR icon on taskbar no longer opening

last edited
    last edited

Hello VSL,

When I have a score loaded, the taskbar in Windows 10 shows icons for the Sibelius score, Vienna Ensemble 7 and MIR Pro 3d. All three are functioning audio-wise, but I cannot open the GUI in MIR from the icon on the taskbar. This has just changed in the past two days. IS this a known problem? Does anyone have a fix to restore it? Any guidance appreciated.

Oceanview

• Is it possible to reach MIR's GUI by using the Windows keycommand Alt+Tab?

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • @Dietz said:

Is it possible to reach MIR's GUI by using the Windows keycommand Alt+Tab?

Thanks for the suggestion. No, this doesn't work. Alt+Tab will open to full view a Sibelius score and Vienna Ensemble, but not MIR. Is there another way to get to the GUI from somewhere inside an instance of Vienne Ensemble where MIR has been assigned to the instruments?

•  Is there another way to get to the GUI from somewhere inside an instance of Vienne Ensemble where MIR has been assigned to the instruments?

Clicking this button in the plug-ins window should raise MIR's Main GUI: 

If you accidentally quit the main MIR application, just click this button to restart it (... all your settings will be preserved):

HTH,

• Thanks Dietz. No, that doesn't work either. There is a momentary flash of the MIR icon on the taskbar as if indicating a command has reached it from inside Ensemble but the GUI still isn't opening.

• last edited
    last edited

I've tried starting a new score from scratch, opening Ensemble and adding MIR from there to a piano. That doesn't work either. The MIR goes straight to the taskbar only. If I hover over it I can see the correct initial GUI but this won't open.

I tried launching MIR as a standalone from the apps menu and it only produces an icon on the task bar which won't open.

I'm not having this problem with other icons on the taskbar. Does this suggest I should try a reinstall of MIR Pro 3D. If so, am I going to lose any settings?

• last edited
    last edited

Your settings should stay intact. - But to me your problem sounds much like a window that opened on a (maybe imaginary?) second or third monitor.

If the issue persists after a re-installation then please get in contact with VSL support ASAP, including as many details as possible.

Kind regards,

• SOLVED! Many thanks for your suggestion / lateral thinking. It was a dual monitor display issue. I have a 2nd monitor, not used much, which has been off for a number of months, in which time there have been Windows updates and for some reason those updates can sometimes change display settings. I think that's what happened. And because I haven't used that second monitor for months I'd forgotten about the display options. Sure enough, the MIR GUI (and a couple of Windows options) was opening on the other monitor.

Grateful for your returning comments.

• Hey, that's great news 😊

Since I've _never_ heard of a similar problem with MIR, I was pretty sure that the solution would have to be found elsewhere, in this case.

Enjoy MIR 3D!