Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,327 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• VE Pro won't start up

last edited
    last edited

Recently I keep encountering the issue that I start VE Pro (in admin mode as always), but nothing seems to happen. Opening the Windows Task manager shows VE Pro is in the list, but only in the background. The only option left is to end it manually in Task manager, restart it and then most of the time it does work as it should. 

Windows 11,  i7-12700k, 64 GB RAM, everything running from fast SSD's, VE Pro is the latest version. 

Anyone else encountering this, or has a solution?

• @EmBee1972 said:
    Opening the Windows Task manager shows VE Pro is in the list, but only in the background.

I have experienced this quite often, but not since VEP7. Watching the process managment console, thread count went from ~ 10 down to 1 and then just hung. Sorry, no solution, just empathy.

• I started having this problem today. Tried a whole bunch of fixes, uninstalls, reboots, reinstalls >>> but VEP7 just hangs when started.

@EmBee1972 said:

Recently I keep encountering the issue that I start VE Pro (in admin mode as always), but nothing seems to happen. Opening the Windows Task manager shows VE Pro is in the list, but only in the background. The only option left is to end it manually in Task manager, restart it and then most of the time it does work as it should.

Windows 11, i7-12700k, 64 GB RAM, everything running from fast SSD's, VE Pro is the latest version.

Anyone else encountering this, or has a solution?