Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,886 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,944 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 42 new user(s).

• WiFi on at startup?

Hi All.

Back to VSL after a long time, I eventually took the iLok dongle-free route.

Am I right I need to be connected to the internet before opening projects being them existing, new or by adding new instances? Otherwise I see my VIPro/SP reporting "red cells".

May I switch off WiFi connection after loading projects (increasing my - poor - system overall reliability)?

VI Special Edition 1-3, Reaper, MuseScore 3, Notion 3 (collecting dust), vst flotsam and jetsam
  • Hi Fabio,

iLok Cloud requires a constant internet connection, so if you switch off your Wi-Fi, you will get an error message after a while. If you want to work offline, you will need the iLok key (2nd or 3rd generation) for authorisation.

Best,
    Erik

Support Team | VSL Content Creator
  • last edited
    last edited
    @Erisno said:

Hi Fabio,

iLok Cloud requires a constant internet connection, so if you switch off your Wi-Fi, you will get an error message after a while. If you want to work offline, you will need the iLok key (2nd or 3rd generation) for authorisation.

Best,
    Erik

I see. This vanishes a little the convenience of a key-less environment as always-on-WiFi hits on pc performance (at least on mine).
    Anyway, I use other non-key iLok instruments (eg. UVI, Air), yet they don't care about of WiFi status — doesn't they rely on "cloud" too? Must have a deeper look into it.
    Thank you for your reply 😃

VI Special Edition 1-3, Reaper, MuseScore 3, Notion 3 (collecting dust), vst flotsam and jetsam
  • I don't know why, but suddenly it's getting on my nerves too. I never noticed it before. It sucks.

• Like a self-fulfilling prophecy, appeared out of the blue. Coincidence? Never had this before. 

• I can't see it from the screenshot, but please check that the cloud session is running on your computer.

1. Open iLok License Manager and Sign in
    2. Go to File > Open Your Cloud Session

The cloud session sometimes gets closed when iLok is doing maintenance on their servers.

@wholinwolf said:

Like a self-fulfilling prophecy, appeared out of the blue. Coincidence? Never had this before. 

Support Team | VSL Content Creator
  • last edited
    last edited

Hi Erisno,

thanks for your reply. I just did what the programme suggested. Now everything is working again. I'll know next time. Oddly enough, the first time this happened was in a Cubase session. But I just clicked the error message away. The next time it happened as described, that was it. No idea why. 
    Regards

@Erisno said:

I can't see it from the screenshot, but please check that the cloud session is running on your computer.

1. Open iLok License Manager and Sign in
    2. Go to File > Open Your Cloud Session

The cloud session sometimes gets closed when iLok is doing maintenance on their servers.

@wholinwolf said:

Like a self-fulfilling prophecy, appeared out of the blue. Coincidence? Never had this before.