Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,444 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,079 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 18 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

• Duality Strings - request missing samples/content

last edited
    last edited

I own every string library that VSL have produced VI/Synchron and just purchased Duality strings Regular/Sordino. I must say that there is a superb sonic quality to Duality that none of the other VSL string libraries acheive. This is truly remarkable and they will become my main string library. I would like to request additional content for Duality: misc. crescendos/decrescendos, fortepiano, Perf Repetition Legato (this is a big one as it has a natural cutoff in the VI series), sul tasto, flautando, ponticello. I know this is asking a lot but I know that VSL has something truly special with Duality.

Thank you, Eloy

• Hi Eloy, 

A Sul tasto and Ponticello subset is already announced and is currently being edited. 

We believe that you can get remarkable results with Velocity XF and Timbre Adjust, but of course nothing beats the "real thing" (which is of course then limited to a certain length which has to be adapted again with Time-Stretching... So you'll have to modify those anyway. 

Repetitions are now "intelligently" included with our long and short notes. 

Best, 
    Paul 

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

Paul,

Great news about the Sul tasting and Ponticello. 

As far as the crescendos/decrescendos/flautandos I can use the ones from Synchron Strings Pro (different sonic signature - but they will do). 

Thank you for the great work.

@Paul said:

Hi Eloy, 

A Sul tasto and Ponticello subset is already announced and is currently being edited. 

We believe that you can get remarkable results with Velocity XF and Timbre Adjust, but of course nothing beats the "real thing" (which is of course then limited to a certain length which has to be adapted again with Time-Stretching... So you'll have to modify those anyway. 

Repetitions are now "intelligently" included with our long and short notes. 

Best, 
    Paul 

• One thing I'm hoping that isn't missed in all this is the combination of sul tasto + con sord. That has a great sound and is pretty common. Splitting the library into separate sul tasto and con sord parts makes it more likely that the combination will be overlooked unfortunately.

• I have both the regular and con sordino libraries and really like them. I notice that they don't include any senza vibrato patches which were included in SSP. Hoping that the sul tatso/flautando extension will include senza vib which would be logical IMO!

• @andrewfreib said:

I have both the regular and con sordino libraries and really like them. I notice that they don't include any senza vibrato patches which were included in SSP. Hoping that the sul tatso/flautando extension will include senza vib which would be logical IMO!

I also was hoping to see a senza vib.  Perhaps included in an update at some point?

• I also hope to see a no-vibrato option.

Large Vienna Library all on SSD, Protools/Carbon on M1 MacBook Pro, OSX Monterey 12.7, Steinway D, Rhodes Mk8-FX, Osmose, Moog One, Trigon 6-DT, OB-X8, Prophet 10 rev4, OB-6-DT, Kawai VPC-1
  • Speaking of missing content, the Staccato from Duality Strings sounds a bit odd comparing with Staccato from Synchron Strings Pro and Elite Strings, it lacks of attack and doesn't sound right when playing repetitively.