Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,454 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,079 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 62 new user(s).

• Analog sound input in MirPro

Hi! 
    I remember that Paul descibes in a video that it is possible to let an analog sound file/sound sourrce via VEPro through MIR Pro 3D - how to do that? 
    I've been checking in the manual but hasn't found anything about it. 

Best, 

Anders 

• last edited
    last edited

This is achieved using the "VE Pro Audio Input" plug-in that comes with the application. This is basically a virtual patch cable that routes a signal from a DAW insert (and interrupts it there!) to VE Pro, where it is processed. The resulting signal comes back to the DAW via VE Pro's output channels.

-> https://vsl.info/en/manuals/vep7/vep-plugin#audio-input-plugin

Although this is a working solution, it must be considered a somewhat experimental feature that is increasingly difficult for us to support due to the internal architecture of modern DAWs and the underlying operating systems. It is prone to all sorts of limitations and requires a considerable amount of CPU power. I strongly suggest to use MIR as a plug-in directly in your DAW's inserts instead.

HTH,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hi Dietz, and thanks for your reply! 
    However I can't find any VE Pro Audio Input plug-in in VEPro when I'm scrolling in FX. Maybe because I'm on Mac (Ventura)? I just wanted to add some accoustic to a recording made in a very dry accoustic room, maybe that´s noot possible? 

Best, 

Anders

@Dietz said:

This is achieved using the "VE Pro Audio Input" plug-in that comes with the application. This is basically a virtual patch cable that routes a signal from a DAW insert (and interrupts it there!) to VE Pro, where it is processed. The resulting signal comes back to the DAW via VE Pro's output channels.

-> https://vsl.info/en/manuals/vep7/vep-plugin#audio-input-plugin

Although this is a working solution, it must be considered a somewhat experimental feature that is increasingly difficult for us to support due to the internal architecture of modern DAWs and the underlying operating systems. It is prone to all sorts of limitations and requires a considerable amount of CPU power. I strongly suggest to use MIR as a plug-in directly in your DAW's inserts instead.

HTH,

@Dietz said:
    "VE Pro Audio Input"

• @Cadenza said:
    I can't find any VE Pro Audio Input plug-in in VEPro

You need to instantiate this plug-in in your DAW! 😊 Otherwise neither the host nor VE Pro will know about your intentions to route audio from the former to the latter.

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library